• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Busy day today!

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Enzo and I have a busy day ahead of us.
9 new enclosures to prepare (2 arboreals, 2 deep diggers and 5 normals) and 9 rehousing for the few Ts left still growing. Cleaning, feeding and watering the 70 other ones, and last but not least one pairing.
Pictures to follow at the end of the day.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So anti Arboreal & Fossial?? :cool: Above, below or on the ground, all T's should be treated equally.
Please do accept my apologies as it is not how I wanted to convey the rehousing. The “normal” is linked to the kind of tank we are using. Arboreal and burrow tanks are a bit different. As we have about 35 ground, 20-25 above and 15 below, the ground ones are “the norm”.
Please be assured that we do love all our Ts the same :p

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ok,
Done putting together our last male who passed away (LP). Gonna have soon to start working on a larger frame for all of them to be put together in Enzo’s bedroom.
For sizing purpose, the larger white square is 10 inches.
Next, prep the new enclosures.
FFD3F7ED-264C-4303-85D9-14429DCF3F0B.jpeg

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Lots of expensive exoterras, my friend. Your hobby seems to consume time and dollars!
About 2/3 of all our enclosures are exo terra, the rest are acrylics from Herpcult. The acrylics are very convenient but have a tendency overtime to become foggy, to leak and scratch very easily.
My favorite part about the exo terra in addition to the front opening is that you can scrub the hell out of them without ever scratching the glass. It is also super easy to clean the door(s) and walls with a scraper when you need to remove dried out poop.
As they can get fairly expensive, reptile expos usually offer the best deal but the best way to score great deal is buying second hand from Craigslist and give the used enclosure a good scrub to have it look like new.
In the end it is indeed expensive, we all went for deli cups at the beginning but once you confirmed the T you’ve raised from sling is now an adult female, that you are going to keep likely a minimum of another decade, there is no reason not to spoil her with a solid final home ;)
One day we’ll get you over to visit old friend ;)

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
About 2/3 of all our enclosures are exo terra, the rest are acrylics from Herpcult. The acrylics are very convenient but have a tendency overtime to become foggy, to leak and scratch very easily.
My favorite part about the exo terra in addition to the front opening is that you can scrub the hell out of them without ever scratching the glass. It is also super easy to clean the door(s) and walls with a scraper when you need to remove dried out poop.
As they can get fairly expensive, reptile expos usually offer the best deal but the best way to score great deal is buying second hand from Craigslist and give the used enclosure a good scrub to have it look like new.
In the end it is indeed expensive, we all went for deli cups at the beginning but once you confirmed the T you’ve raised from sling is now an adult female, that you are going to keep likely a minimum of another decade, there is no reason not to spoil her with a solid final home ;)
One day we’ll get you over to visit old friend ;)
well said pal.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
the best deal but the best way to score great deal is buying second hand from Craigslist and give the used enclosure a good scrub to have it look like new.

We acquired 3 large glass exo terras for under £100, that way. They were dirty & needed a good clean, but looked great once cleaned up. And the exo terra Habishere that we have my largest (female) stirmi in was another cheap find. I also have a couple of other exo terras that were offered after they had sat unused in a shed etc for a long time. One 12 inch by 12 inch arboreal enclosure even came with a working light & hood & all for £30.

I have found that in my area the best sources are Gumtree & Preloved.

I find a good clean with sanitising fluid, as used for babies bottles etc, then a few good rinses, followed by a decent rest before being used, leaves mine feeling clean & safe.