• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Buried sling

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So it's a fairly straight forward question. I have a g pulchra sling (3cm) and its burrowed but also blocked itself in. Is this perhaps to molt? I know they like to burrow and dig and I will continue to leave a pre killed feeder a few times a week but was just curious is all

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have quite a few slings and juvis that I never see and that don't even have a burrow entrance visible but I don't worry any more as long as they are eating. They will appear when they're ready.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yea that what I thinking. I kill the crickets so it isn't at any risk. Just thought I'd check as I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks for help

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If it helps, here is what I've been seeing of my five G. pulchra slings for the last 2-3 weeks.

image.jpeg

Yes, somewhere in that pill vial is a little sling. Most slings will indeed burrow if given the opportunity.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If it helps, here is what I've been seeing of my five G. pulchra slings for the last 2-3 weeks.

View attachment 30113

Yes, somewhere in that pill vial is a little sling. Most slings will indeed burrow if given the opportunity.
Yea. Knew they like to burrow but didn't think they closed it off. The hamorii I have hasn't burrowed at all in the week I've had it. I got a g pulchra and an Euathlus sp red yesterday and by this morning they both vanished lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have a Sahydroaraneus raja that has been with me for 18 months and I've only seen it twice, once the day it came and the 2nd time when I rehoused it 3 months ago. The substrate appears completely smooth and there are no visible tunnels round the sides of the container. Food disappears overnight so I guess there's life in there somewhere.

Nunua

3 Year Member
I only have 9 at the moment and I regularly see four of them :D A. geniculata juvie is usually sitting next to her hide, C. versicolor and B. albiceps slings are also visible for the most of the time - I also count the tiny C. elegans in this group of visible ones, because it's in a 2 ml vial so for now I'm always aware of where it's sitting at, haha!

Then there are my two years old N. incei and slings B. albopilosum, B. angustum, B. boehmei and N. chromatus who're just little bulldozers and have become pet burrows / holes.

Everyone feeds very well, so I'm just waiting for seeing them at least in the future :D

Latest posts