• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bumba cabocla

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
9/18/2021
I will be attempting to breed these two tonight.
This will be my frist time with this species. I will update progress as it comes.
Hopefully not only do i get a sac from them but its not dead like the Tliltocatl albopilosus sac was last year.

Attachments

• 52974906-D7F6-47AB-B982-EC243BAC6F43.jpeg
    52974906-D7F6-47AB-B982-EC243BAC6F43.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20

Kazegal

I believe that this species was renamed to Bumba horrida. Good luck in any case, just got a new sling yesterday. I have never seen more spectacular takedowns than from these. When mine matured out to male I was gutted, but he is off for breeding purposes now.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I believe that this species was renamed to Bumba horrida. Good luck in any case, just got a new sling yesterday. I have never seen more spectacular takedowns than from these. When mine matured out to male I was gutted, but he is off for breeding purposes now.
Thanks for the name update. I’ll look into it.
I have 7currently. I had 8 the recent molt was the female. Still waiting on 3 others to molt. i said had 8 because I was able to sell one male.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
10/3/2021
First attempt made. 11:04pm.
(Sorry i got delayed had other things i had to take care of.)
-Male went into enough female stand offish. Had brush ready.
-female calmed down and male seem disinterested.
-about 10-15 mins of nothing no advancement no vibration. So I decided to put male back in to his enclosure anf female went after him.
- broke it up but caught a fang inner side base of thumb.
-not serious bite. Skin punctured but not deep. Thumb feels a little weird bit no pain.
-will try again with a different male on a later date.

jman777

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but I just had my Bumba Cabocla male reach his ultimate molt last month. I'm trying to find him a female, but it's not the easiest breed to to find people looking for mature males.

If anyone's interested him, let me know, I'm sure he'd be happy to find a lady as he's already made one sperm web.
image_2021_09_21T21_10_10_869Z.png

1.jpeg