• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BTS 17th may

DOS1392

Hi all,

Just wanted to say i love being here, as ive just got into the hobby you have all been so helpful so thank you.

So i didnt know about the BTS until recently then found out it ia like a 10 minute drive from my house. So me and my partner will be attending this year.

And as ive just got into the hobby and am pretty new here i thought i would seewho else is attennding soo. Hopefullly i could put a few names to faces.

:)

Dan

DOS1392

Cool well as i said i only live about 10 minutes away and will be attending so will be nice to meet a few of you

gognomie

Fingers crossed for attending! Got some art to put in the show because... it seemed like a good idea at the time. :p
My fondest memory was going to the show and seeing these two older ladies, probably in their mid 70's, exquisitely well-turned-out in terms of hairstyles and dress (we're talking button-up blouses, floral skirts etc etc), fawning over a dirty great t-stirmi like it was a kitten with a bow around its neck. They were cooing, they were telling it how pretty it was, how adorable it looked and she was so proud she'd landed this beast. Something in the back of mind sparked and said 'these are your people, this is a fantastic hobby, and you need to be a part of it.'

DOS1392

Fingers crossed for attending! Got some art to put in the show because... it seemed like a good idea at the time. :p
My fondest memory was going to the show and seeing these two older ladies, probably in their mid 70's, exquisitely well-turned-out in terms of hairstyles and dress (we're talking button-up blouses, floral skirts etc etc), fawning over a dirty great t-stirmi like it was a kitten with a bow around its neck. They were cooing, they were telling it how pretty it was, how adorable it looked and she was so proud she'd landed this beast. Something in the back of mind sparked and said 'these are your people, this is a fantastic hobby, and you need to be a part of it.'
Hahaha brilliant well lets all hope it goes ahead and hopefully ill get to meet a few of you :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
those ladies in their 70s may need to be in self isolation now if we believe everything Boris tells us.

gognomie

those ladies in their 70s may need to be in self isolation now if we believe everything Boris tells us.
I now have a vision of her, sitting on her spotless chintz sofa, feet up, sipping tea from a fine china cup, gazing over to her spider (who is ravaging two large roaches) and fondly saying 'My dear, as long as I have you I can weather any storm.'

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I now have a vision of her, sitting on her spotless chintz sofa, feet up, sipping tea from a fine china cup, gazing over to her spider (who is ravaging two large roaches) and fondly saying 'My dear, as long as I have you I can weather any storm.'
what a great image!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club

I can imagine her pouring a bit of tea into the saucer and leaning down to put it on the floor, and here comes the stirmi to lap it up. While she tells her startled visitor, "I know the vet says I shouldn't be giving him tea, but Tiddles does love it!"

E

ExMember

I can imagine her pouring a bit of tea into the saucer and leaning down to put it on the floor, and here comes the stirmi to lap it up. While she tells her startled visitor, "I know the vet says I shouldn't be giving him tea, but Tiddles does love it!"
My baumgarteni just attacks water streams and his dish whenever he gets new water. I've seen him get completely drenched slapping his dish and then he shambles off all soaked. Maybe he would calm down with a nice cup o chamomile tea:)

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
My baumgarteni just attacks water streams and his dish whenever he gets new water. I've seen him get completely drenched slapping his dish and then he shambles off all soaked. Maybe he would calm down with a nice cup o chamomile tea:)

I find it really funny when they do that, although I can see why people find it annoying.
One of my albo slings (the one that's secretly my favourite) once attacked the pipette with gusto thinking it was food, and me and my daughter fell about laughing at the daft bugger lol

DOS1392

Well the sling that arrived from phil today decided he was either thristy or wanted a bath

Attachments

• 20200310_191424.jpg
    20200310_191424.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I find it really funny when they do that, although I can see why people find it annoying.
One of my albo slings (the one that's secretly my favourite) once attacked the pipette with gusto thinking it was food, and me and my daughter fell about laughing at the daft bugger lol

Edit: I can't believe I actually wrote 'with gusto' lol W.T.F. haha. I don't even know what it means, it just sounded impressive :D

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's not been mentioned yet but I think the BTS may be subject to what the government are considering this week about "mass gatherings"

Guidance on what constitutes "mass gatherings" based on current Coronavirus guidance is contained in the following link, but basically if more than 250 people (tick) and in close proximity (tick) with potential danger to event organisers and visitors with underlying conditions (tick) then I think we may have to resign ourselves to the very sad possibility of the BTS being cancelled. :(

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...vents/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html

Furthermore, I know the BTS is often an opportunity for many UK residents to get to buy tarantulas form many of the European breeders that attend. As Europe is currently being classed as the new epicentre and travel restrictions in place, their attendance could be limited.

Unprecedented times indeed and I suspect it will go right to the wire before a decision is made.

Stay safe everyone.

Latest posts