• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brown spots on tarantulas enclosure.

Moxxi2210

Hi Everyone,
I’m looking for some help. I noticed these brown spots on my tarantulas enclosure and I’m unsure what they are. Could it be tarantula poo?

E3C4DF7B-BCDA-4499-91C4-230DED84FDC7.jpeg

Lentulus

3 Year Member
Hey, when you gotta go you gotta go. You are correct. A wet q-tip will clean it off when it’s nice and small like that. Old credit card and wet paper towel for the monster turds.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I just have New World Grammostola species tarantulas and their poo has always been white. I am not sure if different species, locations or diet can affect the color of poo.

I just watched a PBS documentary on poo hunters, scientists who learn about species from their poop. One segment went into theories about why and how wombats poop cubes.

Moxxi2210

I just have New World Grammostola species tarantulas and their poo has always been white. I am not sure if different species, locations or diet can affect the color of poo.

I just watched a PBS documentary on poo hunters, scientists who learn about species from their poop. One segment went into theories about why and how wombats poop cubes.
I have a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (GBB) which is a new world species… does that mean his poo should be white? He’s only a juvenile and his diet is Grasshoppers once every 7 days.