• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Choppalop

Glowing!

Attachments

• IMG_20210822_130620.jpg
    IMG_20210822_130620.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 14

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
In general, they are very chill: a handleable (word?) species, if that is your thing.
BUT, not always. There are specimens who are defensive or spastic. Interestingly, behavior can change between molts and at various stages of life. I hope yours chills out for you over time.

Choppalop

In general, they are very chill: a handleable (word?) species, if that is your thing.
BUT, not always. There are specimens who are defensive or spastic. Interestingly, behavior can change between molts and at various stages of life. I hope yours chills out for you over time.
Thanks, I don't mind the skittish behaviour tbh, love his personality very much.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Mine G. pulchra are skittish, hiding when I open their enclosures. But they are still young, about 2-3". I think it is engrained in them when they are small to hide from potential predators. Once they get bigger the less they have to worry about.

Choppalop

Mine G. pulchra are skittish, hiding when I open their enclosures. But they are still young, about 2-3". I think it is engrained in them when they are small to hide from potential predators. Once they get bigger the less they have to worry about.
Ah thanks for the insight, I'm avoiding handling him for now as he definitely doesn't fancy it.

Latest posts