• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brand new mamma to 2 curly hair slings.

chmcn84

I am receiving two 1/4 inch Nicaraguan Curly hair slings on Tuesday and I am so excited. The most exotic pet I've ever had was a red ear slider when I was a kid (We eventually gave her to a pet store)
I wanted a new hobby as I work with people experiencing homelessness, which can be emotionally and physically draining. I wanted a new pet, but with all the hours I work that ruled out quite a few animals. I have a dog, but he comes to work with me. I never thought I would be the kind of person to have tarantulas, but after watching a few channels on YouTube, Exotic Lair especially, and speaking to a friend if a friend who has had T's, I just had to get one. I hope I enjoy it as much I think I will. Wish me luck!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome!
Glad to hear from a new keeper that did do their research first! Lol

Check out Tom Moran and Tarantula Collective on YouTube. Exotic Lair is a bit "loosey goosey" for my taste but it's always better to get more opinions!

Welcome to the forum :T:

Last edited:

Itsy Bitsy

Hey there and welcome!

If you enjoy Exotic Lair I would definitely recommend Tom Moran, he has great husbandry and care videos.

Also tarantulas in my opinion are pretty low maintenance compared to the other pets out there.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome @chmcn84. This forum is a great source of information and support.

Feel free to ask questions, post pictures. There are quite a few here who have your species (not me).

We sometimes have different approaches (substrates, enclosures) but we all have at heart keeping the tarantulas healthy.

They are an amazing animal. More interesting I think than the average person knows.

As for their pending arrival, just make sure everything is in place.

Noodlelove

I am receiving two 1/4 inch Nicaraguan Curly hair slings on Tuesday and I am so excited. The most exotic pet I've ever had was a red ear slider when I was a kid (We eventually gave her to a pet store)
I wanted a new hobby as I work with people experiencing homelessness, which can be emotionally and physically draining. I wanted a new pet, but with all the hours I work that ruled out quite a few animals. I have a dog, but he comes to work with me. I never thought I would be the kind of person to have tarantulas, but after watching a few channels on YouTube, Exotic Lair especially, and speaking to a friend if a friend who has had T's, I just had to get one. I hope I enjoy it as much I think I will. Wish me luck!
I will also be receiving two curly Head slings on Tuesday. I'm thrilled. And why are things with curly/fluffy hair So stinkin' cute?

Latest posts