• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachys available within the hobby?

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
so I finally got around to labelling all my enclosures and pots today and didn't realise o had so many different species of brachypelma

It got me thinking, what species are available within the hobby currently and where can I get hold of them.

After a quick search I've found a wiki that states 18 with 2 different groups

Red leg group:
albiceps. ----
Auratum. ----
Baumgarteni
Boehmei. -----
Emilia. -----
Hamorii. ------
Klaasi. -----
Smithi. -----

Red rump group:
Albopilosum
Andrewi
Aureoceps
Epicureanum
Fossorium
Kahlenbergi. ------
Sabulosum
Schroederi. ------
Vagans. ------
Verdezi -------

(----- = species I have)
I'm aware sabulosum is available. It is a species I've seen mentioned before. And embarrassingly I don't have an albopilosum , but the other species I'm unsure of and haven't heard of before.

If anyone knows or has any of these any info will be appreciated

Sorry for the long post lol.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've got over 100 B. Sabulosum's....slings, adults and juveniles.

Yea. Was a species I recognised. Same with baumgarteni. It's similar to boehmei and there are supposably a lot of hybrids in the hobby.

Was mainly andrewi aureoceps fossorium and epicureanum I was unfamiliar with

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yea. Was a species I recognised. Same with baumgarteni. It's similar to boehmei and there are supposably a lot of hybrids in the hobby.

Was mainly andrewi aureoceps fossorium and epicureanum I was unfamiliar with
just come across this post. I did a similar one for how many brachy do people have a couple.of days ago....LOL I am missing andrewi aureoceps fossorium and epicureanum and sabolusum (unless @Arachnoclown manages to get through customs with a bag full of sabolusum slings for me....LOL)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
so I finally got around to labelling all my enclosures and pots today and didn't realise o had so many different species of brachypelma

It got me thinking, what species are available within the hobby currently and where can I get hold of them.

After a quick search I've found a wiki that states 18 with 2 different groups

Red leg group:
albiceps. ----
Auratum. ----
Baumgarteni
Boehmei. -----
Emilia. -----
Hamorii. ------
Klaasi. -----
Smithi. -----

Red rump group:
Albopilosum
Andrewi
Aureoceps
Epicureanum
Fossorium
Kahlenbergi. ------
Sabulosum
Schroederi. ------
Vagans. ------
Verdezi -------

(----- = species I have)
I'm aware sabulosum is available. It is a species I've seen mentioned before. And embarrassingly I don't have an albopilosum , but the other species I'm unsure of and haven't heard of before.

If anyone knows or has any of these any info will be appreciated

Sorry for the long post lol.
B annintha too?

BTW, I have B annitha and B baumgarteni slings if needed.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
B annintha too?

BTW, I have B annitha and B baumgarteni slings if needed.

Definitely needed. What's the chance you still have these available after Christmas? Have a lot going on atm so not the best time for me

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
just come across this post. I did a similar one for how many brachy do people have a couple.of days ago....LOL I am missing andrewi aureoceps fossorium and epicureanum and sabolusum (unless @Arachnoclown manages to get through customs with a bag full of sabolusum slings for me....LOL)
A bag of Sabulosum's for a bag of annintha????;)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A bag of Sabulosum's for a bag of annintha????;)
wish I had a bag full buddy. Maybe meet up when you are in Scotland and do some swaps tho - if you don't get an internal cavity search due to strange creepy things in your cabin baggage :)

Latest posts