• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma

Annalisa

Hey, hey!!!
My 3 years old Brachypelma, is not eating for two weeks now. I keep introducing cockroaches or grasshoppers (obviously taking out the ignored ones time by time)but she just ignore them all. Is this normal?
I rehoused her in a bigger and deeper terrarium so she could dig more..She initially ate in the new environment, couple of times, and now she is having a strike. What could it be?
Thanks for you time, guys!

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey, hey!!!
My 3 years old Brachypelma, is not eating for two weeks now. I keep introducing cockroaches or grasshoppers (obviously taking out the ignored ones time by time)but she just ignore them all. Is this normal?
I rehoused her in a bigger and deeper terrarium so she could dig more..She initially ate in the new environment, couple of times, and now she is having a strike. What could it be?
Thanks for you time, guys!
It is quite normal for tarantulas to fast for a period of time. It’s fine 2 weeks is nothing for them. I had a T. albopilosus that went nearly two years without eating.