• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Brachypelma vagans and Grammostola pulchra wanted

EntogirlCSU

3 Year Member
Hello, I am trying to get some adult or sub-adult females of these two species. I am an entomology extension agent in CO and I'm trying to put together some display animals for 4-H and school trips. Everyone that comes into my office sees my GBB cage (always a hit to feed him in front of children), so I bought some slings from Jamie's last week to increase my collection. However, it is hard to get children excited about the little baby guys so I wanted to get some larger display species. I am still relatively new to the hobby and the GBB is 1.5 yrs (male bought as 3/4'' sling) and I have a P. metallica that is 2.5'' long that I got from Jamie's in Nov. as a 1'' sling. I am learning how to care for the little 1/2'' guys I just bought and they have survived 2 weeks so far. I have been reading a lot about how to care for the tiny babies. Please let me know if you have any ladies available or suggestions for display species for a developing insect zoo. Thanks.

Mr. P

3 Year Member
A Lasiodora Parahybana is great for beginners. They are fast growing and one of the largest T's out there. They are not brightly colored but they will stay out in the open on display and are great eaters. They are also fairly cheap for a good size T.

EntogirlCSU

3 Year Member
Wonderful! I think I saw someone had a female of that species for sale in the other forum. I"ll have to look into that one, not flashy like you say but the children would still love it :)

Thank you for your service and sacrifice Mr. P, my sister and family are stationed at Pearl Harbor at the moment.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello, I am trying to get some adult or sub-adult females of these two species. I am an entomology extension agent in CO and I'm trying to put together some display animals for 4-H and school trips. Everyone that comes into my office sees my GBB cage (always a hit to feed him in front of children), so I bought some slings from Jamie's last week to increase my collection. However, it is hard to get children excited about the little baby guys so I wanted to get some larger display species. I am still relatively new to the hobby and the GBB is 1.5 yrs (male bought as 3/4'' sling) and I have a P. metallica that is 2.5'' long that I got from Jamie's in Nov. as a 1'' sling. I am learning how to care for the little 1/2'' guys I just bought and they have survived 2 weeks so far. I have been reading a lot about how to care for the tiny babies. Please let me know if you have any ladies available or suggestions for display species for a developing insect zoo. Thanks.

If you're interested in a Lasiodora parahybana I have a female that's about 4" in leg span already. She's an aggressive eater, fat & healthy! I'd like to donate her to you for the children. The best thing about this hobby is educating others and bringing more hobbyists in! I love to see the look on children's faces (I have gone to schools and educated classrooms- brought some of my tarantulas)....there's nothing more exciting than the amazement you get from them! I wish you all the best of luck and I look forward to hearing from you soon if you accept my offer! Just waiting for weather to warm up a bit and I will ship to you free of charge. I am currently out of heat packs but will order more tomorrow. :)

Mr. P

3 Year Member
Hey, that isn't my Lasiodora Parahybana is it? :) I think she already purchased the 6" female from Seven Wonders in the Sale section.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey, that isn't my Lasiodora Parahybana is it? :) I think she already purchased the 6" female from Seven Wonders in the Sale section.

Lol. No. Yours is on the way along with 9 other female pary's, lol......this one was obtained from my local pet shop and bigger than the others I ordered. Ah well....ok.....I'm glad she got a larger specimen! :) The kids will love it!

EntogirlCSU

3 Year Member
Thanks for the offer for the fangs Arachnoclown that would be great!!! I have pinned insects the kids love, but taratula fangs would be awesome!!! Anything that they can pick up and examine is always a plus. Also thanks Casey k. for the offer, but i did go ahead and buy the Lasiodora Parahybana already and I cant wait to show her off to some children's groups. I especially like doing talks for the girl scouts and the spring and summer is fast approaching and all sorts of events will be happening. Once i get the big girl settled in i was going to get a vinegarone, whip scorpion and a florida scorpion. I don't like cintapedes......scary. We had one at college and it just always gave me the shivers.

EMAIL [email protected] for shipping address to the extension office

EntogirlCSU

3 Year Member
My GBB the children love to watch eat got him oct. 2016

Attachments

• 20180108_165543.jpg
    20180108_165543.jpg
    1,023 KB · Views: 12

EntogirlCSU

3 Year Member
Here is a pick of the big girl I bought. One pic in her shipping container and one in her new home.

Attachments

• 20180328_112113.jpg
    20180328_112113.jpg
    748.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20180328_115434_HDR.jpg
    20180328_115434_HDR.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9

EntogirlCSU

3 Year Member
The kiddos will love her. Glad her container was big enough for her. Have a group of girl scouts coming on the 9th of April. Ill post some pics of the event. Very excited about her ☺☺

Latest posts