• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma Smithi sling growth rate

Dusty1

3 Year Member
I’ve got some 1cm Brachypelma Smithi slings, I know these will be slow growing but can anyone tell me from experience how much growth can be expected per
02A64F64-4C41-441F-AEC5-B6C7FEDD00E4.jpeg
year say?

Dusty1

3 Year Member
Many factors play in the growth of a spider. I have raised hundreds of these spiders personally. Your looking at 1" a year till adult if your lucky.
Gonna be a bit of a waiting game then, at what sort of size do they start to get their colours?

Dusty1

3 Year Member
Heres my female...shes a hair flicker. Not sure how old she is...id say 6-8 years old. View attachment 56159
Beautiful looking T
Do you have any Hamorii? Do you think it’s worth getting both or are the differences to small to notice really?
I got the Smithi’s as I thought that it’s a classic T in the hobby but am now slightly confused with which is the real classic T of old
Smithi renamed Hamorii
Or
Annitha renamed Smithi
I’m sure there’s probably been this debate on here before but what’s your thoughts on this?

timc

3 Year Member
Beautiful looking T
Do you have any Hamorii? Do you think it’s worth getting both or are the differences to small to notice really?
I got the Smithi’s as I thought that it’s a classic T in the hobby but am now slightly confused with which is the real classic T of old
Smithi renamed Hamorii
Or
Annitha renamed Smithi
I’m sure there’s probably been this debate on here before but what’s your thoughts on this?
The current smithi gets somewhat larger than the current hamorii. The hamorii is generally recognized as the “classic hobby mascot” tarantula, but unless you’re a total tarantula nerd (which I believe most of us are) the difference is negligible and you can tell all your friends it’s the tarantula they saw in Indiana Jones with a smithi.

Dusty1

3 Year Member
The current smithi gets somewhat larger than the current hamorii. The hamorii is generally recognized as the “classic hobby mascot” tarantula, but unless you’re a total tarantula nerd (which I believe most of us are) the difference is negligible and you can tell all your friends it’s the tarantula they saw in Indiana Jones with a smithi.
Agreed! Both it is then

paulcfc

How old would you say my Smithy is ?Bought from Spidershop uk with Cites papers.She looks young to me because the orange is a bit dull.

Attachments

• 20210428_230013.jpg
    20210428_230013.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • 20210428_225953.jpg
    20210428_225953.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29

Latest posts