• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arachnoclown breeding

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
20180311_105625.jpg
Official count 349...18 yet to hatch to eggs with legs but still look like healthy eggs (not included in the official count).
Cleaned them up and separated them into 4 incubators. Changed from coffee filters to pantyhose . Coffee filters won't lay flat and the eggs would bunch up in the valleys. Had to alter the incubators a little to use the pantyhose ...photos to come soon on that.

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
LOL.... You can also sell them bulk and never have to separate them. When my pumpkin patch lg gave me a sac it was 450. About a week after they molted to 1st instar I separated them into lots of 50-55 and put them on coffee filters in 16oz deli cups with vented lids. 1-2 weeks after they molted to 2nd instar I opened the lid put in two wet well rung out paper towels in each cup closed the lid and shipped them to the buyers. only lost 5-8 out of 450 and never had to individually house/feed them. The wet paper towels gave them the moisture as well as something to cling onto during shipping.