• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma genus

#Angela#

3 Year Member
Any thoughts about Emilia versus albopilosum in terms of temperament and hardiness? I have Avic slings and a Borneo Black sling. Am thinking about adding a Curly Hair. I want a T that will be mellow and hardy. Maybe an Emilia will be a better choice? What are your thoughts?
Angela

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
B albopilsoum is much more calm than emilia. E campestratus would actually be a great choice for what you are looking for.

katelara

3 Year Member
I have two tarantulas-- one is my pretty big (?) female. She has been sexed but the shop she was sexed at swears she is a rosehair and not a curly hair. I am not terribly concerned either way-- I love her to bits. I'd just like to know.

Andy Sherwood

3 Year Member
Any thoughts about Emilia versus albopilosum in terms of temperament and hardiness? I have Avic slings and a Borneo Black sling. Am thinking about adding a Curly Hair. I want a T that will be mellow and hardy. Maybe an Emilia will be a better choice? What are your thoughts?
Angela

Scoolman gives a good suggestion with Eupalaestrus campestratus, though they can be a little more difficult to source.

Many of the Brachypelma genus are hard and have good temperaments, alot of it (in my opinion) also relies on the individual spider. Though species level behaviours are usually a good indicator.

My advice would be to find a reputable seller and go see the animal for yourself before buying, to make sure it fits in with your requirements.