• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma Boehmei???

Morrisnfia

Hello. I bought a baby b.boehmei about 4 months ago. The seller told me it was around 6-8 months old. When I got it it was about 0.8 cm. Today, 3-4 months later it’s about 1cm.
so I have other tarantulas, for example a B.smithi that was about 1-1.5 years when I got him. He was about 7-9 cm back then.
Why is my baby boehmei growing so slowly? He molded 2 times during this 4 month period. Is this normal? Could it be something else and not a boehmei?

Attachments

• 020AE0BC-D240-4FE1-948E-FCDD5A9BA011.jpeg
    020AE0BC-D240-4FE1-948E-FCDD5A9BA011.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello. I bought a baby b.boehmei about 4 months ago. The seller told me it was around 6-8 months old. When I got it it was about 0.8 cm. Today, 3-4 months later it’s about 1cm.
so I have other tarantulas, for example a B.smithi that was about 1-1.5 years when I got him. He was about 7-9 cm back then.
Why is my baby boehmei growing so slowly? He molded 2 times during this 4 month period. Is this normal? Could it be something else and not a boehmei?
Brachypelma are extremely slow growing. They mature around 7 years or longer.

Latest posts