• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

brachypelma boehmei (fireleg)

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Has anyone had any experince in breeding these go male and female and seem like scared of each other.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Takes time and patience. Some pairings can take hours. You can cohabitate them but you risk losing male if you are not watching.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello
I'm still new at this, I have bred Brachypelma vagans. They should be similar, I just made sure I fed my female a lot before the attempt. Also, make sure that you and the male have enough space to work with otherwise she will just eat him.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wanted to add, after my female made the sac I left it with her. Some will take them out at around 28 days, but for my first try I left it with her. Pulled the sac at about 35-40 days, can check my video great result and all 1st instar no fatalities that I can see.

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
I bought the female in just over 2 weeks ago dont think shes eaten she doesnt seem hungry . Will try again tonite the males old tank 2ft got plenty space thanks for your reply Martin I am new to it too .

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
okay she has been dig out where made made hollow for her but does spend alot time in there .Okay I ll wait bit longer maybe wait to start taking food .Again thanks for input Scoolman .

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Once she has established her retreat she will settle down and be more receptive to a male's advances. Just make sure she has a good hide where she will be able to lay and care for a sac.

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
Male Ts will have their lifespan drastically shortened after a successful mating attempt and will now start to refuse prey items and die in a couple of months, so the issue of the male being eaten should be the least of your concern.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello
Sorry to have to disagree male or female, its always a concern. If the love is for T's, does the gender matter ? Also I mated a b.vagans, female dropped an egg sack males eating again a lot I might add. Took my female close to 4 months to drop the egg sack, I left it with her close to 40 days. Male is still alive and has regained his appetite, so I would say there is no rule set in stone.

Last edited:

Latest posts