• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma Albopilosum

nyteovvl

Hi all, been a long time since I posted a question. This situation bothers me a little. My curly hair,Penelope, molted annually about the same time of year, the first two years I had her. This year shes gone about 5 months overdue from the annual date last year and still no molt. As adults, dont they molt yearly? She has lost a leg segment ( I have no clue how that happened ) and shes flicked off most of the hairs off her abdomen because I have a cat ( not allowed in my room but he manages to sneak in ) that sits next to the tank to stare her down. He hasn't been in there for a few months but my beautiful little girl still won't molt and I don't want her dying from not molting like my previous Rose Hair did. Any ideas?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi all, been a long time since I posted a question. This situation bothers me a little. My curly hair,Penelope, molted annually about the same time of year, the first two years I had her. This year shes gone about 5 months overdue from the annual date last year and still no molt. As adults, dont they molt yearly? She has lost a leg segment ( I have no clue how that happened ) and shes flicked off most of the hairs off her abdomen because I have a cat ( not allowed in my room but he manages to sneak in ) that sits next to the tank to stare her down. He hasn't been in there for a few months but my beautiful little girl still won't molt and I don't want her dying from not molting like my previous Rose Hair did. Any ideas?
No they don't molt annually. My 20 year old Grammostola porteri molts about every 6 years now. The older they get the longer between molts.

Latest posts