• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma albopilosum Lump on Abdomen

Tobii

3 Year Member
Ivy, my female curly hair has finally settled in to her new terrarium.

However, the bad news: she has some sort of lump on her abdomen. I've heard these stories go both ways. I've seen recovery and seen death. The lump isn't very big, but it's noticeable. It's more noticeable from a straight top view in person, but I did my best with pics. Now, I'm hoping someone will be able to tell what this is. Is it a result of her small abdomen, or is it a serious concern? Right now she's acting totally normal and being active like ususal. She is going after a cricket that escaped into her peat moss. As far as I know she has no injuries, she hasn't fallen since I got her. Otherwise she seems fine. She's had this sincethe first night but it seems bigger (maybe I'm mistaken though).

Any ideas? She just started to warm up to me and be friendly like she is was with the people at the store. Like I said, the lump isn't very big and it isn't near a booklung. I'm going to post this elsewhere too because this is the first concern that's come up that's severly worried me.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Post pics! That will help us help you. In the meantime I’d take a picture and show it to the pet store you got it from. They may give you a refund if it does prove fatal...

Tobii

3 Year Member
Post pics! That will help us help you. In the meantime I’d take a picture and show it to the pet store you got it from. They may give you a refund if it does prove fatal...
OH DEAR I apologize!! I did post pics but I guess they didn't upload properly?? Also unfortunately this is a no refund petstore because we're in a highly irresponsible pet owner area in Illinois which feels like garbage but I digress, some people ruin it for everyone.

Attachments

• 20171008_180723.jpg
    20171008_180723.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 150

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
From the pic I don’t see anything to worry about. I would give it an extra cricket or three as it looks a bit skinny though. I’m sure someone else will chime in as well.

Tobii

3 Year Member
From the pic I don’t see anything to worry about. I would give it an extra cricket or three as it looks a bit skinny though. I’m sure someone else will chime in as well.
Can do! She's definitely interested in food, so I'll bump up feeding frequency until she seems a bit better or at least plumps to a more normal size.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree I think the abdomen is small. feed her all she will eat! looks like she has some age on her thought. lol not that I could really tell that for sure. Just a general observation.

Latest posts