• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bought a tarantula from a pet owner that said it was a Brazilian Black- does it look like G. puchra/quirogi?

Jenniferinfl

It's only about 2" legspan I think. The pet store it came from has also had G. acteon and G. grossa.

IMG_6262 (2).JPG

Jenniferinfl

Looks pulchra to me. Definitely not acteon. Not G. gross, either. My money is on pulchra.
Awesome! That's what it looked like to me, but, I knew that's what I was wishing it was- so.. lol

I'm so excited, I've tried to get a G. pulchra many times and something always goes wrong. I order and they've just sold out or they're in premolt and no longer available or something. Very happy to get a 2" one for $60. I think last time I tried to order it was a .5 inch for $90.

I figured this one looked so much like G. pulchra that if it wasn't one I would just pretend it was anyways..lol

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Awesome! That's what it looked like to me, but, I knew that's what I was wishing it was- so.. lol

I'm so excited, I've tried to get a G. pulchra many times and something always goes wrong. I order and they've just sold out or they're in premolt and no longer available or something. Very happy to get a 2" one for $60. I think last time I tried to order it was a .5 inch for $90.

I figured this one looked so much like G. pulchra that if it wasn't one I would just pretend it was anyways..lol

Lol yeah that sounds about average price for them. :) I am glad you got what you wanted. It's always nice to get that special gem added to our collection. :)

Latest posts