• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Boneyard made by T's

Greg

3 Year Member
After feeding my 6" A. geniculata it's first large Madagascar hissing ****roach (the dubias and crickets have been like scoobey snacks in comparison), and taking more than 24 hour to eat it, it appeared that the entire roach had practically disappeared. Upon closer examination, I saw that he had stashed parts of the exoskeleton and dried remains around the enclosure. A specific corner was selected as the main "bone pile". Has anyone observed this stashing behavior? I appreciate it's effort to keep the enclosure clean, and it makes it easier for me to clean up too.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
In simple terms they can kind of taste and smell with their hairs on their feet and legs. Tossing out the trash into one area or a water dish is very common. Ive had pokies throw bolus at me before.
You should read the posts on the monkey forum

MBullock

3 Year Member
they dont want carrion next to their retreat, it attracts predators and parasitoids like wasps that locate their target via scent. a large pile of rotting bugs also attracts phorid flies, which are often opportunistic and.or parasitic.

Latest posts