• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bolus question, help needed

lasiodora-parahybana1980

3 Year Member
Hey everyone, I have a question about boluses. Been keeping T's for a while, but with both little spiders don't seem to have boluses in their enclosures. I don't think their impacted because they keep on eating with gusto. Haven't seen evidence either on their backsides either of difficulty passing the waste products. At what point, do I need to be concerned. They don't appear to be sluggish, but then again I'm fairly new keeper. Appreciate advice on this subject!!

Also, if this question has already been asked, apologize for that.

lasiodora-parahybana1980

3 Year Member
A bolus is the uneaten parts of the prey item offered. Sometimes they are very small and are the same color of your substrate. This would have nothing to do with impaction or defecation.
I thought boluses was essentially spider "crap". Okay, well then
A bolus is the uneaten parts of the prey item offered. Sometimes they are very small and are the same color of your substrate. This would have nothing to do with impaction or defecation.
Oh, gotcha. Thanks. Yeah, for some reason I thought boluses were essentially spider crap. Thanks for correcting me on that. :)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I thought boluses was essentially spider "crap". Okay, well then

Oh, gotcha. Thanks. Yeah, for some reason I thought boluses were essentially spider crap. Thanks for correcting me on that. :)
When spiders defecate its usually white...looks like liquid paper. There may be small pellets in it people mistake it for eggs or insect eggs for some reason. :rolleyes:

Most of my spiders will do the doo on one of the far edges of the enclosure...or water dish. Arboreal spiders spray it all over the enclosure doors....so fun to clean up!!!!:p

Latest posts