• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

blocking up the hide entrance with silk?

John Frost

3 Year Member
If it's molting then yes, it will definitely be fine without food for a month. T's can go quite a while without food if they want to. Some also suggest not feeding it right away after a molt as they are more capable of injury at that time. But I would research that part for yourself as I'm not very knowledgable in that area.

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
If it's molting then yes, it will definitely be fine without food for a month. T's can go quite a while without food if they want to. Some also suggest not feeding it right away after a molt as they are more capable of injury at that time. But I would research that part for yourself as I'm not very knowledgable in that area.
it went out of the hide last night. guess he was just bored. lol.

entomology

3 Year Member
He is definitely gonna molt as this is normal behavior from N chromatus and many other species. make sure all feeders are out tour enclosure. if it were a female molting i would suggest putting the male in whilst this is taking place as she thus gets used to him in the enclosure and cant attack him I've never had failure in this method not even with my Poecilotheria ornata's and we know what happens to the males there very quickly....lol but we all have our own way of doing things and if it works for you then stick with it :)

Mad cat lady

3 Year Member
My Chile Rose, Fatty has just done this too, and hollowed out the floor of her hide! i've had her for a few weeks

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 86

laura916

3 Year Member
9969_538012409583509_432835059_n.jpg
46250_538012622916821_1432475927_n.jpg
46250_538012622916821_1432475927_n.jpg
486754_548649518519798_1946418560_n.jpg
My B. Emilia did the same thing. We bought her in early to mid april, about a week later she sealed it off completely, and after a few days i wasnt sure if she was alive so i smashed down the sub a little in the back part and she stuck 2 legs out as i was doing it, lol.. pretty sure she was a little upset at what i was doing so i quit and left her alone. She'd come out very rarely throughout may and then thursday i seen she had molted :p
I got the molt out and now she comes out alot more than before.

Mad cat lady

3 Year Member
My B. Emilia did the same thing. We bought her in early to mid april, about a week later she sealed it off completely, and after a few days i wasnt sure if she was alive so i smashed down the sub a little in the back part and she stuck 2 legs out as i was doing it, lol.. pretty sure she was a little upset at what i was doing so i quit and left her alone. She'd come out very rarely throughout may and then thursday i seen she had molted :p
I got the molt out and now she comes out alot more than before.
I took a little peek at Fatty too after not seeing her for so long, just to check she was ok, and she started coming out more too :) Your spider is lovely!

Mad cat lady

3 Year Member
Thank you, yours is too... as scared as i am of them im looking forward to getting more. lol. maybe something a little bipolar, like a rose hair, haha
I plan to get a few more too, i have no fear of them but my husband is but he still likes them and is less scared of house spiders now! I would definately get a rosie, one of my favourites! I assume mine molted as she appears bigger after her month in hiding and she's really fat but didn't find her skin so i wonder is she's buried it? She needs fresh substrate and a new enclosure so i'll be able to have a better look for it after i move her, she quite skittish and runs away very quickly when i put my hand in!

Latest posts