• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Birthday gift to myself.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
TODAY!!!!
Everyone says they don't know what to give me, so usually its $$.
To make this thread short, I called Paul Becker and placed an order with him for overnight shipping today.
A couple species are for breeding projects, the others were on my "want" list. [emoji3]
3 H. albostriatum
3 H. minax
3 H. vonwirthi
3 A. seemanni
2 P. irminia
1 O. aureatibialis

Excited for their arrival, hopefully, tomorrow.
Happy T'ing everyone!!! [emoji3] [emoji12] [emoji3]

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Thanks Enn & Fuzzball.
Now if I can stop buying Ts , I could afford a nice camera and post pics of my collection. Camera on phone just doesn't " cut the mustard" on moving objects. Lol!

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks Enn & Fuzzball.
Now if I can stop buying Ts , I could afford a nice camera and post pics of my collection. Camera on phone just doesn't " cut the mustard" on moving objects. Lol!
Ha ha, I bought my DSLR and lenses BEFORE the spiders. That said, I bought myself a dishwasher for my birthday, so nothing expensive for me for a while (but no dishes neither, yay!).

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have an H. gabonensis and an H. sp Colombia small arriving 3 days before my b'day at the end of this month but I've also found some more that I might order then too.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Ha ha, I bought my DSLR and lenses BEFORE the spiders. That said, I bought myself a dishwasher for my birthday, so nothing expensive for me for a while (but no dishes neither, yay!).
Have an "old" Minolta XG-9, it takes film, then getting prints made ($$), scanning, etc. etc.
I've been looking at Canons, Rebel seems to have all kinds of lenses and such, maybe Xmas. [emoji4]

Therasoid

3 Year Member
I have an H. gabonensis and an H. sp Colombia small arriving 3 days before my b'day at the end of this month but I've also found some more that I might order then too.
Didn't you on a past post say " going to slow down buying unless it was a unique species "? Lol!
Its truly addictive. To me, each an everyone is unique in its own way. [emoji6]

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Didn't you on a past post say " going to slow down buying unless it was a unique species "? Lol!
Its truly addictive. To me, each an everyone is unique in its own way. [emoji6]

I was supposed to stop at 4 lol.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
OK folks its been 3 very busy days at my home.
Rehousing the 16 new slings, putting together a larger B. lateralis breeding tank and encasing the, now full, "slingubator". I've got a chance to post a few pictures.
Tadahh!!! [emoji3]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1432247061349.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432247061349.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 14
  • uploadfromtaptalk1432247085192.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432247085192.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 14
  • uploadfromtaptalk1432247103539.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432247103539.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1432247119598.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432247119598.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 14

Therasoid

3 Year Member
All but one has left their shipping vials and started webbing or burrowing. The lone A. seemanni bolts into its vial at the slightest disturbance. Its the one in the pics.
It must feel secure in there, but I'm wanting to remove the vial from the new enclosure. [emoji20]

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Yay!!! Went down this morning to check the new slings and place water dishes inside the enclosures. The A. seemanni was out of the vial checking out its new home. I beat the little booger to the vial and it retreated under silk leaf. Guessing this one will be reclusive, other 2 dart around without a care in the world. [emoji12]

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well done. It's odd how Ts of the same species can have such different personalities..

Latest posts