• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bioactive

Konstantin

3 Year Member
There are good option for moisture loving species and not so much for those that like it dry.They look good and create a healthier environment if setup correctly.
PS Sticking a live plant in doesn't make it a bioactive.You will need to add the maintenance bugs and let the setup mature to get the stability before introducing your pet in there.
Regards Konstantin

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I like feigning death beetles for drier climate Ts
Springtails and isopods for wetter ones

timc

3 Year Member
I do bioactive for my frogs and my gecko, it’s pretty cool, less cleaning to do but it’s not completely hands off like some people would lead you to believe. I’ve tried live plants (no microfauna) with tarantulas twice and both times i’ve just ended up with dug up plants and pretty much i’ve just given up. It looks better than fake plants but I doubt i’ll ever try it again.

BrothaJordan

There are good option for moisture loving species and not so much for those that like it dry.They look good and create a healthier environment if setup correctly.
PS Sticking a live plant in doesn't make it a bioactive.You will need to add the maintenance bugs and let the setup mature to get the stability before introducing your pet in there.
Regards Konstantin
Thank you for the response!
I will do some more research on possibly doing one for my N Chromatus in the future.
Haha yeah, I have tons of springtails and isopods already. I have a Bioactive Chameleon Set up!

BrothaJordan

I do bioactive for my frogs and my gecko, it’s pretty cool, less cleaning to do but it’s not completely hands off like some people would lead you to believe. I’ve tried live plants (no microfauna) with tarantulas twice and both times i’ve just ended up with dug up plants and pretty much i’ve just given up. It looks better than fake plants but I doubt i’ll ever try it again.
Thats what I was wondering about the live plants. How long do they actually live with them digging. I also feel like if they see the isopods they would just munch on them. I just like the idea of building these little mansions for the Ts.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Live plants in my terrariums last forever. I have to cut them down ever so often. Here is an example how I keep my Ch. andersoni

1588530295480.jpeg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah I'm not sure where to find feigners online. We have them locally so they show up around this time