• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bio active

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
15 years and full of life :)
1619307935476.jpeg

...it could not be any better!

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Yes very nice. I know you posted this awhile ago but it came up in a search I was doing. What about using red lights? My tarantulas, all grammostola, don't seem affected by red lights so I set my late evening lights to red so I can often see them come out. G. rosea seem less inclined to use their hides anyway. But I have from time to time seen G. pulchra out and about in red light.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes very nice. I know you posted this awhile ago but it came up in a search I was doing. What about using red lights? My tarantulas, all grammostola, don't seem affected by red lights so I set my late evening lights to red so I can often see them come out. G. rosea seem less inclined to use their hides anyway. But I have from time to time seen G. pulchra out and about in red light.
I do not use red lights. I have my lights coming on staggered, so each terrarium have a twilight area. At night I imitate the moonlight with low watt bulbs. I see mine mostly at night or after I spray.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I do not use red lights. I have my lights coming on staggered, so each terrarium have a twilight area. At night I imitate the moonlight with low watt bulbs. I see mine mostly at night or after I spray.
I use red lights for observing Ts, I used full spectrum LED on occasion for plants but choose plants that can thrive in low to moderate, indirect light (house plants, natural room light)

Latest posts