• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best first pokie?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've had 3 Pokies from slings, an ornata, rufiliata and a metallica. The ornata and rufiliata are very shy and skittish whereas the metallica was fairly calm even as a sling and now as an adult is probably one of the calmest Ts I have. This may not be the experience of others as Ts can vary in temperament even amongst the same species.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
My metallica sling is also chill. My rufilata had never given me problems either. My smithi usually stays hidden but anytime I see her she looks like she’s just had a full pot of coffee to her self. She is (for lack of a better word) very twitchy and very hyped up.

Marija

3 Year Member
I have an ornata, rufilata, formosa, vittata and 3 metallicas. My meanest one is my formosa, rufilata tends to be very skittish while others are fairly calm but the calmest ones are definitely my metallicas.

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I`ve never had a problem with any of my Pokies, they either don`t move when I enter their Tanks or they run back behind their Cork bark as for most chilled I would say my Metallica is, but then again I don`t see much of any of them , apart from on feeding day:)