• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best enclosures

Aliallaie

Hello
i have been searching around for future enclosure for my growing juveniles. In order to get a general idea of what enclosure I’ll use. I’ve checked out the exo terra enclosure they look really nice. I’m also looking at the enclosures that the YouTuber the dark den uses. I know it’s custom made wanted to if anyone makes them or what is their preferred enclosure. Let me know. Thanks.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Take a look at Jamie's Tarantulas for inspiration, they have a line of custom made enclosures for juvenile and adult Ts. For slings they use the amac-style containers you can order online from the Container Store and other such places.

Also watch a bunch of Tom's Big Spiders youtube videos and see what can be practically used, including standard household items, storage bins, deli cups, etc.

Last edited:

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Depends on what type of tarantula you have...Fossorial, terrestrial, or arboreal? Are you looking for what's best for the spider or what fits your needs? Tubs are by far the best for Fossorial spiders that glass enclosures cant match. They are probably actually better for all tarantulas except for viewing of the spider. Exo terra are excellent for arboreal spiders but are worthless for terrestrial. Zoo med low profile enclosures are the best glass enclosures for terrestrial spiders. Their screen has a little too much ventilation so it should be modified. Personally I perfer to build my own arboreal tanks out of 10 gallon fish tanks. I can build 3 for the price of a exo terra.
20200101_144322.jpg
20200101_144256.jpg
15880356129083862087319007197267.jpg
15880356660397704274637520396854.jpg