• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Ben’s Bugz (tarantulabas1993) review

JS31

I recently received a gbb female from Ben’s Bugz, the T arrived healthy and lively. Ben is very friendly and made it really easy to communicate throughout the shipping process, the packaging was very sturdy and professional. Overall I had a great experience receiving a T from Ben at Ben’s Bugz and I will definitely be doing business with him in the future

Revant

JS31, I am glad Ben gave you his best, because clearly this seller has slipped in recent times. Answered the following ad from seller:

Bought and paid for the same day the ad was introduced on October 9th. One fifty for T plus freebie, $70.57 for shipping and handling. Seller promised to ship out the same week, between October 12-14th. On the 13th He begged off due to incoming wedding anniversary (which was cool) so he'd ship the next week. Next week goes by; no tracking number and no update. Was expecting much better than this considering how much he asked for shipping.

I e-mail him, asking if he's going to ship soon or if I should ask for my money back. He promises to ship the following week. Another week ticks by, no tracking number and again no explanation why it's taking so long. A friend tells me by this point that this guy is a SUPER DUPER tardy shipper. When prompted he admits as much; so much so that he's closing down his business soon because he's pissed off so many customers already with his late shipping. Promises to ship Monday the 26th, no worries. I give him two more days and then go through the same dog and pony show to see what's going. Ben tells me he is working on my order.

I was admittedly already angry before. But three weeks in and this guy was still in the process of working on my order?! Ridiculous! I asked Paypal to look into this case this very morning. Got a ruling in my favor only hours after I sent out my grievance, will be getting a refund.

Would've rather dealt with a clown; at least they would've told better jokes.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
JS31, I am glad Ben gave you his best, because clearly this seller has slipped in recent times. Answered the following ad from seller:

Bought and paid for the same day the ad was introduced on October 9th. One fifty for T plus freebie, $70.57 for shipping and handling. Seller promised to ship out the same week, between October 12-14th. On the 13th He begged off due to incoming wedding anniversary (which was cool) so he'd ship the next week. Next week goes by; no tracking number and no update. Was expecting much better than this considering how much he asked for shipping.

I e-mail him, asking if he's going to ship soon or if I should ask for my money back. He promises to ship the following week. Another week ticks by, no tracking number and again no explanation why it's taking so long. A friend tells me by this point that this guy is a SUPER DUPER tardy shipper. When prompted he admits as much; so much so that he's closing down his business soon because he's pissed off so many customers already with his late shipping. Promises to ship Monday the 26th, no worries. I give him two more days and then go through the same dog and pony show to see what's going. Ben tells me he is working on my order.

I was admittedly already angry before. But three weeks in and this guy was still in the process of working on my order?! Ridiculous! I asked Paypal to look into this case this very morning. Got a ruling in my favor only hours after I sent out my grievance, will be getting a refund.

Would've rather dealt with a clown; at least they would've told better jokes.
Thank you for sharing your experience!