• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beginner keeper.

Melissa Cat

I just wanted to introduce my first tarantula sling Lula to you all. I am a nervous beginner keeper. I have tried to educate myself but am worried my new friend is going to die. I am told it is likely just going into premolt and it knows how to be a tarantula. It literally hasn't moved in three days. I could use a pep talk.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome. :)
If you could post a photo of your little one and its container and tell us what species she is we will be able to point you in the right direction.

Melissa Cat

Grammostola Pulchra

Attachments

• 20210506_214606.jpg
    20210506_214606.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 10

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Good morning and welcome to the forum.
By the amount of work put in the enclosure I can tell you want to spoil your sling
This said I would recommend a much smaller enclosure to start, a lot more basic with just substrate, a water dish and a piece of cork bark.
This will be easier to monitor your sling and practice husbandry’s basics (feeding, cleaning...).
Once it has gone through a couple of molts and increased in size the larger enclosure will become perfect.
Have a great day.

Latest posts