• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon care

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
We might be adopting a bearded dragon. It is still small from what I understand. I'd like to do care research on a reliable site before committing to take it. Does anyone have a forum or YouTuber they recommend for care info on these guys? So far they seem manageable. UVB light, heat lamp, water. But I'm sure there's more

x_raphael_xx

We might be adopting a bearded dragon. It is still small from what I understand. I'd like to do care research on a reliable site before committing to take it. Does anyone have a forum or YouTuber they recommend for care info on these guys? So far they seem manageable. UVB light, heat lamp, water. But I'm sure there's more
They need a lot of space 120cm long x 60cm high x 60 cm wide is the reccomended size. They get full size fast, so best to just start with the big enclosure, they will soon grow into it.
They eat veg as well as insects, but as adults they don't need too much meat, as they get fat. I'll feed mine a couple of dubias every 3-4 days.
Salad, bell peppers, carrots etc are her favourite. Fruit as a treat (she likes apples, strawberries and blueberries).
Earthpro A (vits & calcium etc) powders daily.
And they like interaction. I've built a ramp for mine, so when I'm home (and keeping a close eye) she lets herself in and out to have a stroll around the room.

x_raphael_xx

6F24EECA-C379-4B54-9377-CBE86BFB6EB5.jpeg

8DA3C212-917D-472E-B6DF-D838EBBA7992.jpeg

Lentulus

3 Year Member
I didn’t enjoy making salads regularly. They are very fun to observe and will just chill and snuggle up on your arm. Mine enjoyed a bath once in a while. They release a lot of fluid when they do their business—and odor. Raphael mentioned the large enclosure. I bought fitting stone looking tile from home depot to layer it. Makes cleaning easier and helps trim their nails. Some cool tutorials out there for making a basking ramp and such. They enjoy climbing to high points to relax and keep watch.

Funny story on hibiscus. Had a tortoise living in my back yard as a kid. Also two different color hibiscus. The tortoise would only eat one and not the other. That memory always amused me.

Anyhow, good luck on your adventure! Or backing away from it.;)

MBullock

3 Year Member
i would just personally let it free-range in a clean and safe room devoid of a tank with a basking spot. but I also let my house be overrun by spiders purposefully so maybe dont take this advice lolol

Latest posts