• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Be wary: Hommeomaonly aka Myka Ocular

Status
Not open for further replies.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I don't usually post bad reviews, but my dealings with, and the outcome of my transaction with @Hommeomaonly definitely warrants caution and concern.

I was only interested in 2 species they listed for sale so I can only speak to my experiences with those. Per their sales thread, no longer active, the 2 species I purchased were:
  • 3" M balfouri (female)
  • 3" P ornata (unsexed)

Long story short: POTENTIAL SCAMMER & THIEF
  • The seller conducted a nasty smear campaign of another user on the forum and posted private pictures of that user AND my PayPal transaction on the forum
  • I requested the seller to remove my personal, private information and to cancel our transaction and get a refund
  • The seller said "I can ship or refund" - I opted for the refund
  • The seller said they did not know how to refund, became nasty with me and has ceased communication with me
  • THEY DID NOT SHIP and at the time of this review THEY DID NOT REFUND MY MONEY
  • I continued to communicate with the seller, professionally, giving them 24 hours to respond or resolve
  • I advised the seller I would dispute the transaction with PayPal if they did not respond in 24 hours
  • I have been forced to open a dispute with PayPal due to their disengagement and non-responsive posture

To be fair, up until the incident on the forum with another member that involved my information being posted by the seller, they were accommodating and relatively quick to respond to our conversations.

The were accommodating and supplied pictures of the spiders to be purchased. I had concerns with the size and gender of the specimens to be purchased and they offered me 3 for the price of 2 of P. ornata and swapped a male-looking M. balfouri for one that looked female, even though they asserted all gender-specific spiders had been molt-sexed.

They addressed all of my concerns to my satisfaction right up until the point where they posted my PII on the forum. The level of nasty @Hommeomaonly got to was like zero-to-100 with other members, and eventually me, and they "stooped to a new low" by posting pics of other member(s), and their minor children, as well as my PayPal payment (with my name and purchase amount) on the forum.

@Hommeomaonly appears to have no boundaries, or sense of true customer service and honor.

My first job was in retail, my first boss told me something I will never forget: Customer service is not defined by what your happy customers think, it's defined by how you address your unhappy customers concerns.

@Hommeomaonly showed their real self in how they handled themselves choosing to post privileged information, slander, malign, and ultimately STEAL my money by ignoring me and NOT taking the high road and simply refunding my money. It's really very easy with PayPal.

BE WEARY IN ANY DEALINGS WITH THIS USER, or any user account on the internet that ultimately leads to Myka Ocular

ps. a Google search for Myka Ocular will reveal several accounts related to hairdesign, home-flipping, Instagram and other accounts that I will not post here due to relevance, so it does not appear to be a fake name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Here is also a link to my disappointing experience with this "seller":

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Here is also a link to my disappointing experience with this "seller":
Unfortunate, too, but at least they shipped your order

I'm being "punished" by this person and being refused
  1. my order
  2. my money back
  3. the courtesy of a response despite repeated cordial and professional attempts by me
@Hommeomaonly, aka Myka Ocular, appears to be a slanderous thief and a liar, you got lucky

Lizardking

I don't usually post bad reviews, but my dealings with, and the outcome of my transaction with @Hommeomaonly definitely warrants caution and concern.

I was only interested in 2 species they listed for sale so I can only speak to my experiences with those. Per their sales thread, no longer active, the 2 species I purchased were:
  • 3" M balfouri (female)
  • 3" P ornata (unsexed)

Long story short: POTENTIAL SCAMMER & THIEF
  • The seller conducted a nasty smear campaign of another user on the forum and posted private pictures of that user AND my PayPal transaction on the forum
  • I requested the seller to remove my personal, private information and to cancel our transaction and get a refund
  • The seller said "I can ship or refund" - I opted for the refund
  • The seller said they did not know how to refund, became nasty with me and has ceased communication with me
  • THEY DID NOT SHIP and at the time of this review THEY DID NOT REFUND MY MONEY
  • I continued to communicate with the seller, professionally, giving them 24 hours to respond or resolve
  • I advised the seller I would dispute the transaction with PayPal if they did not respond in 24 hours
  • I have been forced to open a dispute with PayPal due to their disengagement and non-responsive posture

To be fair, up until the incident on the forum with another member that involved my information being posted by the seller, they were accommodating and relatively quick to respond to our conversations.

The were accommodating and supplied pictures of the spiders to be purchased. I had concerns with the size and gender of the specimens to be purchased and they offered me 3 for the price of 2 of P. ornata and swapped a male-looking M. balfouri for one that looked female, even though they asserted all gender-specific spiders had been molt-sexed.

They addressed all of my concerns to my satisfaction right up until the point where they posted my PII on the forum. The level of nasty @Hommeomaonly got to was like zero-to-100 with other members, and eventually me, and they "stooped to a new low" by posting pics of other member(s), and their minor children, as well as my PayPal payment (with my name and purchase amount) on the forum.

@Hommeomaonly appears to have no boundaries, or sense of true customer service and honor.

My first job was in retail, my first boss told me something I will never forget: Customer service is not defined by what your happy customers think, it's defined by how you address your unhappy customers concerns.

@Hommeomaonly showed their real self in how they handled themselves choosing to post privileged information, slander, malign, and ultimately STEAL my money by ignoring me and NOT taking the high road and simply refunding my money. It's really very easy with PayPal.

BE WEARY IN ANY DEALINGS WITH THIS USER, or any user account on the internet that ultimately leads to Myka Ocular

ps. a Google search for Myka Ocular will reveal several accounts related to hairdesign, home-flipping, Instagram and other accounts that I will not post here due to relevance, so it does not appear to be a fake name.
Thanks for speaking up on this dude thats real creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts