• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

balfouri breeding tips?

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
I am no breeder, but I do know that your female should be well-fed before breeding so that the male doesn't end up as lunch, or at least the risk may be reduced... No guarantees! (Or so i'm told.)

Last edited:

THETGUY

1. M. Balfouri is a communal species so there should be no reason to worry about the male getting eaten. And about breeding two males with a female, I've seen many vendors sell reverse trio breeding groups, so presumably, it would be best to get two males and 1 female. But I'm quite new to this hobby so you should ask for advice from, mass exodus, t-baby, arachnoclown, Phil, Casey k. and many more experienced members.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
M. balfouri are an excellent beginner "breeding" project because they are communal as stated. The mothers take very good care of their slings after they hatch. She will surface long enough to catch them a meal and feed them. Then she will resurface and catch her own prey. :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
M. balfouri are an excellent beginner "breeding" project because they are communal as stated. The mothers take very good care of their slings after they hatch. She will surface long enough to catch them a meal and feed them. Then she will resurface and catch her own prey. :)
got a MM coming on Friday. He has 2x AF to have a play with. Lucky boy. ;)

Latest posts