• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bald/Dry Abdomen

FLJ

My t has a large bald spot on its abdomen. It started off as a dry spot with kind of a white residue then today when I looked it was a bald spot..it looks pretty bad..this is my first t so I am panicking..any suggestions on what I can do or why this is happening..also he just molted a few days ago..then the next day I noticed the dry spot. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20210225_103216.jpg
    20210225_103216.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210225_103204.jpg
    20210225_103204.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 20210225_103024.jpg
    20210225_103024.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Looks like your tarantulas entering premolt, be patient and enjoy

Konstantin

3 Year Member
My t has a large bald spot on its abdomen. It started off as a dry spot with kind of a white residue then today when I looked it was a bald spot..it looks pretty bad..this is my first t so I am panicking..any suggestions on what I can do or why this is happening..also he just molted a few days ago..then the next day I noticed the dry spot. Thanks in advance.
Hi
your tarantula has just kicked some hairs.White fluffy (dry ) bit is loose hairs not dandruff. lol
They do that when they feel threatened(startled)as defence mechanism.Your species Brachypelma bohemei is particularly known for being a notorious hair kicker.It may be inpremoult as it seems they get extra nervous before they moult but it may be just your T being scatty and/or hair kicking monster.lol
Anyway nothing to worry about. Just don't get them hairs on you.
Regards Konstantin

timc

3 Year Member
As stated, that white residue is just hairs that have been kicked. Nothing to worry about. Keep her somewhere quiet and you’ll see it happen less. Hope she can eat soon! She’ll be hungry!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well I would say its "not" in premolt due to you saying It Molted a few days ago.
Something else is bothering it...noise, vibrations, cat, dog, peepers. Lol
Looks healthy to me. :T:
I didn't pick up that the OP said it had just molted... My bad

@FLJ any update here?

CritterKeeper79

T. Albo I was given is like this. She’s not in pre-molt she eats, she’s just nutty. She is a hair kicker.. might be due to her housing before I got her? Only time will tell. She appears to be much less stressed in her new enclosure I made for her.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
T. Albo I was given is like this. She’s not in pre-molt she eats, she’s just nutty. She is a hair kicker.. might be due to her housing before I got her? Only time will tell. She appears to be much less stressed in her new enclosure I made for her.
Cool. Updated pics?

Latest posts