• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bad idea or not?

tarantulas118

I’m deciding to move my T into a warmer place since my room gets really cold at this time of year and one of the most warm places right now is the dining room so I was wondering if it’s a bad idea to it there since that’s the place where we eat and people go about but also I think it’s a better place since it’s much warmer (this is a T. stirmi btw) and it gets some more light because my room is as dark as can be but yeah so what do you think

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
I'd say it depends more on the low temperatures, and length of the low temps in your room.

Only reason I'd opt against a common room is if anyone sprays air freshener, etc. If it's safe however, I see no reason against it.
Yes, you want to be careful what is getting sprayed in the air and surfaces there, plus make sure the enclosure won't get moved around a lot or possibly knocked over. Other than everything mentioned, I don't see an issue with moving it to the warmer area.