• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Back in the Hobby

timc

3 Year Member
Hi everyone! I had been out of the hobby for a couple of years but a few months ago decided to dive back in! I love these fascinating little creatures and get immeasurable pleasure from learning more about tarantulas in general and learning the personalities of my pets everyday. My current collection numbers 7 and I have to exercise self-control all the time to avoid the temptation of buying 700!

The Magnificent Seven:
Avicularia avicularia (Pete/Shelob)
Pterinochilus murinus (Phil/Flash)
Poecilotheria rufilata (Chip)
Ephebopus cyanognathus (Alice/Lady Joker)
Hapolopus sp. "pumpkin patch" (Pumpkin)
Lasiodora parahybana (Shadow)
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Claude)

Phew! Those binomial names can be tough. Their names are in the parenthesis, and if they have 2 names it's because my girlfriend thinks the names I give them are stupid. If they have 1, well, she had a good idea lol.
Anyhow, I look forward to learning a lot about these beautiful animals, providing the proper care, and contributing what I can on this forum. It feels good to be back!

timc

3 Year Member
The GBB but shhhh! Don't tell the others. They all have their little quirks that endear them to me so it's really hard to pick. But the GBB is so pretty (even though he's still a little guy) and always hungry.

leaveittoweaver

3 Year Member
The GBB but shhhh! Don't tell the others. They all have their little quirks that endear them to me so it's really hard to pick. But the GBB is so pretty (even though he's still a little guy) and always hungry.
I don't blame you! My GBB is my favorite in a lot of ways as well. She's really unpredictable for a GBB and also always hungry. They are a really awesome species!