• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby tailless whipscorpions

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
These guys are getting so big!
I've had them for four months now and they've at least doubled in size :)
uploadfromtaptalk1399003807990.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1399003828089.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1399003845791.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1399003875757.jpg

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Are you going to keep them communal now that they are getting bigger?

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Never had a LARGE enough display tank for a communal. I do have my two Emperors in a decent size tank and they have been happy for over a year. Someday....

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not yet. I really focused on hot species which I found to be fascinating. May try a desert hairy at some point though. Great starter scorp.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are supposed to be very hardy and easy to keep. Even communal possibly.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
I've heard desert hairy's are very cannibalistic. They just need a deep substrate made up of a mix of clay and sand(I can't remember the ratio) so they can tunnel properly. If you get one make sure you get an adult. Its my understanding that younger instars are very difficult/next to impossible to get to molt and survive.

MUHrie

3 Year Member
I've heard desert hairy's are very cannibalistic. They just need a deep substrate made up of a mix of clay and sand(I can't remember the ratio) so they can tunnel properly. If you get one make sure you get an adult. Its my understanding that younger instars are very difficult/next to impossible to get to molt and survive.
i have a giant desert hairy. i have a mixture of of good ol fashioned dirt from outside. the rocks and pebbles help keep the earth together. as for the cannibalism, i had 2 in the same tank for a while. as long as they have plenty of food and room to hide/tunnel they are ok. they will challenge each other over territory so i don't suggest keeping them together for long. (personal opinion)