• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Babies!!!

x_raphael_xx

I brought Xena home a year ago. Today I came downstairs to babies!!
So far I’ve counted 10, not sure if shes done or there are more to come.
H.silenus
CCACE54C-9867-4890-95DF-563FE5C3F151.jpeg

x_raphael_xx

Also...curious...If she doesn't eat them all, and some survive to eventually get sold...
I don't know if she is WC or CB as she wasn't labeled, but if she is WC and the babies were born in captivity, would they get labeled as CB?

Tarantulafeets

They can be cannibalistic. Once they’ve had their first molt and come off the mum I’m going to separate them
In my experience, I just left them in there with mom, and they were doing fine. I would give the mom a quite sizable roach and she would grab it and pinch it for a while before giving it to the scorplings. I would then give her another roach for herself. She did a pretty good job taking care of them, and I separated them in a few weeks after their first molt. Although if you if you decide to separate them right away that's fine too. It's best to leave the enclosure in a dark environment with little disturbances, otherwise it can stress her out and cause her to eat the babies. It's also quite fun seeing a baby scorpion feeding frenzy lol
P1150138-01.jpeg

x_raphael_xx

In my experience, I just left them in there with mom, and they were doing fine. I would give the mom a quite sizable roach and she would grab it and pinch it for a while before giving it to the scorplings. I would then give her another roach for herself. She did a pretty good job taking care of them, and I separated them in a few weeks after their first molt. Although if you if you decide to separate them right away that's fine too. It's best to leave the enclosure in a dark environment with little disturbances, otherwise it can stress her out and cause her to eat the babies. It's also quite fun seeing a baby scorpion feeding frenzy lol
View attachment 68275
Thanks for the info!! I gave her a cricket last night. Hoping I can keep her well fed!

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Thats a long pregnancy period but think scorpion can delay giving birth. I have couple of H.silenus myself there not as big as some Heterometrus sp , am gonna add few more to my collection .

Latest posts