• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B. smithi not eating~

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
I'm so sorry for your loss :( you tried your very best for momo - I am pleased to hear that it hasn't put you off trying to raise another tarantula as we've all been in your position in regards to losing our tarantulas at some point.. Best wishes x

Thank you.

I'll probably wait a little bit before having another one. It hit me more than I expected :(

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
ItsukinoKira,

I am sad. I was hoping and praying for Momo. They are very delicate at that age and it's happened to the most experienced keeper. You sought out good help and did the best that you could. It is still sad though isn't it?

A lot. Also Momo was my first tarantula so I was really excited about it and I think that made it more difficult to cope.

Thank you so much for everything <3 I appreciate it deeply.

shaun

3 Year Member
Hello everyone!

My B. smithi sling Momo hasn't eaten since last month (september 14th) but I've read that this is quite normal.

I've been offering dead crickets since it doesn't show any interest on living prey but she hasn't accepted neither of those... Although, I see it walking around, hiding, on top of the water and climbing the walls so I suppose she's fine but wanted to ask you since you're more experienced than me :) .

Thank you!
Hope your t decides to eat when it's ready.
Really interesting enclosure. Is it ready made or did you manufacture it

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
Hope your t decides to eat when it's ready.
Really interesting enclosure. Is it ready made or did you manufacture it

Hi!

Regarding the enclosure, I kept this container from some cotton pads that I bought on a store. I used to keep some beauty blenders before but used it for Momo when I saw that the size was useful... I only made some ventilation holes with a heated nail :)