• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B & M square storage tubs.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have some more Isopods arriving soon, so popped into my local B & M earlier to buy a larg sandwich tub to get ready. My local B & M is just a 5 minute walk away, so was the most convienient place to go. Whilst there I spotted some square food containers for £1.50 that will make lovely small enclosures, for both terrestrial & arboreal juvies. Just adjust the substrate level to achieve both.

They are 1.2 litre "food lockers." The lid has two tangs on one side that goes into the main tub, it then hinges shut & catches with a single tab on the front. They measure approximately 4 inches X 4 inches X 4 inches. inches. or 1010 cm X 10 cm X 10cm, if you prefer. I cannot find these tubs on the B & M website, but may go back & buy myself a couple more.

I used one of my spare soldering irons to melt a few holes in the lid & an inch below the lid on the sides, to encourage air flow & have just rehoused a Lasidora diffcillus & a Nhandu carapoensis into the two I brought. The Spider Shop sell similar tubs which are 1 litre for £1.20. The only advantage with the TSS enclosures are they have a clear lid.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Sounds like you made a good purchase. And I am guessing you should be set for a bit. I have four Ts and in the past I have bought Herpcult and Tarantula Crib and just ordered two small enclosures from Jaime's Tarantulas. But now I am finding myself scouring store shelves for acrylic storage containers that I could turn into T enclosures.

Latest posts