• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B.hamorii sling feeding.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
I've had a b.hamorii sling for 3 weeks now and was starting to worry as it refused food. I tried live and prekill offerings. Even leaving the prekills in for 48 hrs to give it a chance to scavenge. Tonight I looked in after leaving a prekill in earlier in the day and it had taken the item into its hide and was feeding. Just thought I'd share incase anyone else is experiencing the same.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
1/2" Eupalaestrus campestratus sling went on a 5 month fast then a month of premoult! That is the longest I have seen with a sling. My B klaasi has been holed off in it's hide for 4 going on 5 months!
Not a sling, but my 3.5" curly hair ate once in my care, then burrowed and haven't seen it since. But its winter here. I'm hoping to see more of everyone when it warms up a bit

E

ExMember

Not a sling, but my 3.5" curly hair ate once in my care, then burrowed and haven't seen it since. But its winter here. I'm hoping to see more of everyone when it warms up a bit
I am lucky that all my juvie/adults just hang out up top all the time. Except my A calchodes that has a huge tunnel at the bottom of it's enclosure. And my T albopilosum has some cool tunnels that it retreats to when disturbed. But it's always up top unless I pick it's enclosure up :)

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
And we are on a diet now. It's abdomen got way bigger the last time it fed(today is 2 weeks since last feeding) I'd say it was 2 maybe 2.5 x bigger than the carapace. Next weekend when I feed it again, if the booty shrinks, I'm going to use live and hope for a good feeding response

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Just keep offering pray every week
If it takes it well if not pull it out after few hours and try next week.Some of my slings eat right up to their moult.
Regards Konstantin

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
So this has kind of become a journal for my b.hamorii. and from the looks of the large black shiney spot on the booty, its getting ready for a molt. This will be its first molt in my care. Very exciting. I'll continue to offer food and keep the water dish full. Hopefully I'll be posting pictures of it's new outfit soon.

Bethan567

had the exact same trouble with my B.hamorii it refused any food and then burrowed for 3 weeks. Last night she was out drinking so I tried a flightless fly which she took straight away there was no moult so I assuming its just their way
Mine I had from a shop as a baby. Will put some pics up after as I think maybe the enclosure is now a bit small. New to the hobby but my red knee will eat ans eat.... Got quite a big girl.

Latest posts