• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B.Hamorii size

Calico

3 Year Member
I bought a B.Hamorii sling from Jamie's and received yesterday. It is 1-11/4". About the size of a penny.

Per her description, she says it was hatched in 2016. Does this seem right? 2 years old and only that big?? Are they that slow growing?

This is the smallest I've owned and am a little nervous about doing anything wrong. It is cute as hell though!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Brachys are one of the greatest, and slowest growing species available. Try an aphonopelma or Euathlus sling..they'll drive you nuts until you accept them for what they are..

Calico

3 Year Member
Brachys are one of the greatest, and slowest growing species available. Try an aphonopelma or Euathlus sling..they'll drive you nuts until you accept them for what they are..

I have an A.Chalcodes MM. Didn't get him as a sling but he has grown fast in the year and half I've had him.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's amazing how different species of Ts grow at varying speeds from the Euathlus that grows painfully slowly to species like Lasiodora that almost double their size each moult.

Calico

3 Year Member
It's amazing how different species of Ts grow at varying speeds from the Euathlus that grows painfully slowly to species like Lasiodora that almost double their size each moult.

Yes it is. My B.Albo is about 3 times her size when I got her in January, after 2 molts. I think she is pre-molt now so we'll see how big she gets after this one.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I bought a B.Hamorii sling from Jamie's and received yesterday. It is 1-11/4". About the size of a penny.

Per her description, she says it was hatched in 2016. Does this seem right? 2 years old and only that big?? Are they that slow growing?

This is the smallest I've owned and am a little nervous about doing anything wrong. It is cute as hell though!
A rough estimate would be one inch per year...that's not totally accurate though. I have a 5" hamorri that I've had since 1st instar .25" she is not quit 6 years old. Shes got at least 1 more inch to go...;)