• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B. Albopilosum hasn't eaten in almost 4 months.

SedativeMan

3 Year Member
Hello everyone,

My B. Albopilosum is about 4-5 years old with a 4-5" legspan hasn't eaten for a little over 4 months. She was in the process of pre-molting and did so about a month ago. But, she still won't take any crickets. Her abdomen has shrunk considerably from its size pre-molt though she doesn't look starved. She still moves about her enclosure a bit, but doesn't seem interested in crickets even though it's been 3-4 weeks since her molt. I keep her water dish topped off and offer her a cricket every week or so. Is this normal? I know very mature tarantulas can go for a very long time without eating, but this is uncharacteristic of her usually voracious appetite. Any suggestions or opinions would be much appreciated.

Secondly, I read a little while ago to leave her shed exoskeleton in the enclosure because tarantulas will actually eat it to regain some nutrients. I had never done this until now and she hasn't touched her shed exoskeleton since her molt. Should I just remove it?

Thank you for any assistance. Attached is an image of her just in case it's helpful in any way.
image1.JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Are you 100% certain it's female? A mature male is less likely to eat.

Latest posts