• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US AVOID Reptile City, from Honey Grove Texas

Angelo

Terrible services! If you are considering buying from them, please reconsider as there are other businesses out there that are excellent in customer service. So I purchased online thru their website in Dec 5. I never got any confirmation about the status of my order. One week later, i decided to call them and asked and this dude who answered the phone wont look up my order after providing my order #. He said it’s much faster to just tell him what items i ordered and so I did (2 scorpions and 2 tatantulas all amounting to $159.92) and told me “it is ready for shipment tomorrow Dec 16). On Dec 18, friday (two days later) I still have not received any email or texts regarding my shipment. I was worried and so I requested for refund. I did not get any answer. This morning, Dec 22, i emailed them again regarding my refund request and Im attaching our conversation below.

(i meant to say One week later and not Two weeks later in my email :p)

Attachments

• C73A8063-0131-4385-BBED-51B321E0C8B9.jpeg
    C73A8063-0131-4385-BBED-51B321E0C8B9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25

Angelo

As a customer, I have the right to inquire about the status of my purchases especially after i just paid for them. Not replying to emails about the status of items and especially LYING about the shipment is a big NO.

Lentulus

3 Year Member
He also works under the name of Haha Reptiles. The phone goes to some guy’s cell phone who is nothing more than a blind shipper. He forwards your info to god knows who and takes a commish. Look him up on google/BBB and his list of complaints goes back for years.

The only people that seem to get refunds are those that go through the bank.

Angelo

He also works under the name of Haha Reptiles. The phone goes to some guy’s cell phone who is nothing more than a blind shipper. He forwards your info to god knows who and takes a commish. Look him up on google/BBB and his list of complaints goes back for years.

The only people that seem to get refunds are those that go through the bank.
Oh my so i checked their reviews online and I was surprised to the amount of negative reviews that store had! It’s my fault for not checking it prior to purchase, i was blind sighted by the inverts i wanted to buy. Yup! Avoid this like it’s COVID!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If I'm not mistaken, I believe HaHa Reptiles is another alias for Backwater Reptiles. We (hobbyists that have been in the game for a while) like to joke around about him and call him "Slackwater". Definitely DO NOT do business with him. If you guys ever need a heads up, just drop a name on the board and most of us will be able to tell you if they are legit or a scammer.

Latest posts