• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avicularia Won’t Eat - Running Away From Food

MBullock

3 Year Member
A good way to get avics to drink is by simply adhering a dish to the wall of the enclosure with aquarium silicone. They prefer vertical taxis and generally drink from bromeliads or mosses saturated with moisture in the wild.

paperwitchs

Mine did thus as well, and found out it was a male
I have my avicularia for a about a year now and ‘recently’ she/he stopped eating at all and just running away from food instead of attacking it like it was before.

I am unsure of exact age, I got it adult size already. At first when it stopped eating I noticed a bald spot on its butt (abdomen) and thought it’s going to molt soon. In about 7-10 days from that moment I saw the old body on the side and took it away. Waited about a week like a usually do and offered a food, but it was refused. I gave it another couple days and the same situation is happening T just running away from food and does it very fast.

Before we had something similar but in the end the food was eaten, but it’s been 3 weeks now so I am a little worried for it’s well-being.

I could have just blow a little air and my T was already attacking the spot, that’s how I knew it’s hungry. Now she’s slowly walking away, sometime does it on full speed.

P.S. the bold spot on the butt is still there…!

Should I just wait or cook the cricket soup or wait for another molt? Please advise.
mine did this too, and I found out it was a male. My poor, suicidal Bartholomew

goldenpumpkin

Mine did thus as well, and found out it was a male

mine did this too, and I found out it was a male. My poor, suicidal Bartholomew
My mature male is especially suicidal because not only has he stopped eating (which is normal) he also does not drink water (which is the one thing that keeps them alive after they stop eating so I feel like that's not normal). You can lead a mature male to his water dish but you can't make him drink :(

paperwitchs

My mature male is especially suicidal because not only has he stopped eating (which is normal) he also does not drink water (which is the one thing that keeps them alive after they stop eating so I feel like that's not normal). You can lead a mature male to his water dish but you can't make him drink :(
Same, he ignores his water ‍♀️

Latest posts