• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avicularia sling care

SullivanC

Is anyone here successful with keeping avicularia slings and which method you used to raise them successfully? pictures would be helpful

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm sure many of us have kept Avic slings. What do you need help with specifically?

SullivanC

I'm sure many of us have kept Avic slings. What do you need help with specifically?
I just would like to see people's setups and maybe say how exactly they water them, alot of people say avicularia is very hard species to raise from sling so I am curious how people manage to raise them

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
IME the challenging part is providing adequate ventilation but also humidity. Don't overthink it. Get an enclosure made for Ts. Set it up and start watering it. See how long it takes to fully dry out. Do all of this set up and planning BEFORE you get the sling.
I don't think avic slings are that much harder than the usual but people tend to overdo it. Just be patient and stick to your plan. Use equipment made for Ts. You'll be fine!

SullivanC

IME the challenging part is providing adequate ventilation but also humidity. Don't overthink it. Get an enclosure made for Ts. Set it up and start watering it. See how long it takes to fully dry out. Do all of this set up and planning BEFORE you get the sling.
I don't think avic slings are that much harder than the usual but people tend to overdo it. Just be patient and stick to your plan. Use equipment made for Ts. You'll be fine!
Thank you so much for reply :) how long is too long for water to completely dry out? its actually good way to test the ventilation, its a great trick to tell if you have required ventilation for avicularia

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
there is no too long. and it will change depending on the season, your geographic location, substrate choice, location of enclosure, etc the list goes on. the point is to set something up so you can start observing. after you observe then you can make adjustments to accommodate the sling

SullivanC

there is no too long. and it will change depending on the season, your geographic location, substrate choice, location of enclosure, etc the list goes on. the point is to set something up so you can start observing. after you observe then you can make adjustments to accommodate the sling
which substrate you personally like with avicularia slings? :) do you have any pictures of avicularia sling setups? would like to see how you do them so I can just use your method for raising the sling avicularia

Latest posts