• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avicularia Purperea

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Violet having her Sunday roast.
20160626_183115.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Pretty little thing! If I enlarge the image I can see her color :)
Yeah I did that too ☺.when you look under the naked eye, looks black all over but move towards natural light and the purple really starts to be highlighted. Now she is getting bigger, approx 2 inches, the colour comes through more and more each moult. She (I say she but not sexed yet) is rapidly growing on me.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh what a cutie and great picture! Mine is such a scaredy little thing.
Thank you, yes thay can be skittish. When this was a sling always wary it would make a leap for freedom whenever the lid was off.....especially as she insisted on making a web on the lid. ...lmao.. Since she has got bigger though, seems a lot more settled now. How big is yours, try and get a pic up here if you can so I can have a look. ☺

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Beautiful. I really regret selling my sling. She was a confident little thing. Always a great eater as well.
I almost sold this one a month or so ago but glad I held on to her a bit longer. Unfortunately a big design at some point as have 3 avics (versicolor, diversipes and puperea) but only have room for 2 once full grown so one has to go at some point. Not looking forward to that decision!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I almost sold this one a month or so ago but glad I held on to her a bit longer. Unfortunately a big design at some point as have 3 avics (versicolor, diversipes and puperea) but only have room for 2 once full grown so one has to go at some point. Not looking forward to that decision!
I was torn between this one and the sp. Peru Purple i got. Hopefully the Peru Purple will show the purple as well as this one. If not i might have to buy another avic ;)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was torn between this one and the sp. Peru Purple i got. Hopefully the Peru Purple will show the purple as well as this one. If not i might have to buy another avic ;)
I hope so too. Do post pics to see how they compare.☺

leaveittoweaver

3 Year Member

I think the real solution is to get another enclosure... ;)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
same here. they're all on my dresser except the B. vagans, he's on a small table by my bed. I have a desk i need to put back together from when it was moved to recarpet the room. they'll all fit on that for now. I don't want to think about where i'll be putting 25 adult enclosures yet ;)

Latest posts