• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avicularia juruensis "Yellow-Banded Pink-Toe"

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just wanted to share this beauty with my fellow Avic lovers. I had a sling a few years back but sadly it died after a few months, which really really sucks, because this is not only a really gorgeous tarantula, but is also extremely rare. I have literally only seen these for sale a handful of times, and they tend not to last very long. They are available on the market every few years here and there, and then they seem to just vanish for a while. Next time, I'll be sure to get as many slings as possible. This is one species I would love to breed, so that they'd be more commonly available to hobbyists more often.

(Not my pic):
juru.jpg

SasyStace

3 Year Member
I just wanted to share this beauty with my fellow Avic lovers. I had a sling a few years back but sadly it died after a few months, which really really sucks, because this is not only a really gorgeous tarantula, but is also extremely rare. I have literally only seen these for sale a handful of times, and they tend not to last very long. They are available on the market every few years here and there, and then they seem to just vanish for a while. Next time, I'll be sure to get as many slings as possible. This is one species I would love to breed, so that they'd be more commonly available to hobbyists more often.

(Not my pic):
View attachment 13398

I am sooooooooooooooo jealous @Chubbs what a fantastic find! If you ever breed these babies count me in as a buyer!!

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am sooooooooooooooo jealous @Chubbs what a fantastic find! If you ever breed these babies count me in as a buyer!!
Ha ha I don't have any, I used to have a sling but it died, and I've been searching ever since. I meant hypothetically if I were able to get a male and female from different sacs I would definitely take advantage of that.

SasyStace

3 Year Member
Ha ha I don't have any, I used to have a sling but it died, and I've been searching ever since. I meant hypothetically if I were able to get a male and female from different sacs I would definitely take advantage of that.

Dammit I read that wrong- okay not so jealous now but jumping in on the search- I cannot buy right now as I am waiting on a new sling but if I find one I will send you the link ;)

micheldied

3 Year Member
Lovely T. I don't care much for Avics, but these, A. minax, A. geroldi, and A. braunshauseni are on my list.

Latest posts