• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avicularia avicularia pink toe not eating after molt

Ladylola

3 Year Member
Hello we are in need of some advise or help. Our pink toe molted about 10 days ago and has eaten only one medium super worm and some of her web that's it. We are concerned because her abdomen is getting super small and she is not even hanging out in her web she made and not eating when we offer it. The super worm she ate was about 3 days ago. But we are concerned because her abdomen is almost smaller than her carapace. Her temperament is very good as well. Please help with anything.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My avic avic eats like a horse most of the time. and her abdomen is small too compared to her carapace. Arboreal naturally have smaller abdomen. hers never gets noticeably bigger after she eats. also, mine made a web to molt and that was the only time she did she hasnt made a web since. she also goes for a couple weeks sometimes without eating. i dont think it is a whole lot to worry about. just make sure she always has water and offer her food as normal. she might pass up a meal sometimes. no biggie. also keep her enclosure on the drier side. not humid up past like the 70% range.

Latest posts