• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avicularia Avicularia Care

Taylor.Avicularia

So I've had my pinktoe for about 3 months now. Its hasn't grown much and it really doesnt eat much either. I keep it in an aborial encloser of course thats around 8-10 gallons. I have a light for it but I don't keep it on too much that it gets too hot. I've read a lot of different care tips that really contridict each other so I really need to know the best way to care for it and help it grow. It has not molted yet either. It's legspan is around 3 inches. I'm not exsactly sure on the age and sex.
Any care tips for a new keeper? I'm very experienced in keeping exotic pets.
20190411_202039.jpg

Attachments

• 20190410_220013.jpg
    20190410_220013.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20190208_174027.jpg
    20190208_174027.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

Tnoob

I could be mistaken here, but my understanding is that Avicularia are not great eaters. If you do a search for Tom Moran, Dark Den, or Exotics Lair on youtube those three have what I have seen to be some of the most consistent information on the hobby.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I could be mistaken here, but my understanding is that Avicularia are not great eaters. If you do a search for Tom Moran, Dark Den, or Exotics Lair on youtube those three have what I have seen to be some of the most consistent information on the hobby.
I'd stick with Tom Moran out of those three...;)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Tom Moran is really good with specifics. He gets down with his information, dark den and exotics lair have good info too, but they're more for entertainment.
Exotics lair is ok...but hes driven by subscribers (I was in a youtube group with him). Darkden is a popular newbie to the hobby...I wouldnt trust all his info. His handling skills are that of a scared person with arachnophobia.

Tnoob

Exotics lair is ok...but hes driven by subscribers (I was in a youtube group with him). Darkden is a popular newbie to the hobby...I wouldnt trust all his info. His handling skills are that of a scared person with arachnophobia.
I don't see a problem with anyone making money. I can see what you're saying. It kinda looks like EL purposefully tries to agitate his T's. I like to watch to see if he gets bit. I don't look for them for information as much to just get a good laugh, and learn a few names. They are still fairly consistent with what the rest of the hobby does.

Latest posts