• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avic avic automated temp and ventilation

Crisboyd

Good evening

I have bought my first few tarantulas I own 4 avic avic and 4 versicolors.
My tarantulas are all slings placed in a cupboard.
My temp was at about 16 low and 21 high degrees Celsius was way to cold so I then used an arduino uno and a relay and heating pads it's now sitting at 26 degrees Celsius now I am worried about ventilation and air movement at this point the cupboard doors remain closed to help with heat.
I was thinking of using a small pc fan just to move air in the cupboard I can run it through the relay and use the arduino as a timer or a PWM fan and manage the speed of the fan.
Any ideas or am I over thinking this way to much.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello friend and welcome to this wonderful forum (as this is your first post).
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself in the proper section if you didn't yet.
You will also find a great search tool on the forum allowing you to search for answers on previously and similar asked questions. Also adding @octanejunkie who wrote many of these post about avic's husbandry.
We are thrilled to have you here with us and that you joined this great and highly addictive hobby but to make it short and sweet as well as answering your question, you are definitely over thinking this way too much.
Cheers.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Very inventive with the Arduino controllers, but potentially unnecessary, especially fans that will create palpable air flow. Can you share a few pics of the enclosure, tarantula and setup, overall?

Also, take a look at this

As @Oursapoil eluded to, and thanks for the tag, keeping avics is easier than most think.

Also, an intro post would be swell !
Welcome to the family/forum

TokeHound

Just wanted to say I have an Avic avic sling and I do Not use heating or fans. I currently have my T's upstairs in a room with the AC vent closed and door closed. I don't keep gauges of temperature, I just go by how comfortable I am in the room. It's definitely warmer up there than the rest of my house which is kept at 65° year round. All my T's are eating and growing well (just waiting for one of them to molt) Good luck! :)

Latest posts