1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Australian Frogs

Discussion in 'Vertebrate Pet Talk' started by Dave Jay, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Dave Jay

Dave Jay Well-Known Member

I came across these pictures of a Brown Tree Frog I rescued from the cats a couple of years ago and thought I'd post them. I have lots of frog pictures if I look for them, so as I come across them or take more I'll post them in this thread. I don't have this frog anymore as I put it outside in a terrarium knowing it could probably escape but I was just getting it away from the cats by putting it in the back yard which is the dogs territory.
    Anyway, these two pictures are of the same frog on different days in almost exactly the same spot in the terrarium.
    Brown Tree Frog Litoria ewingii
    007.JPG 035.JPG
    MassExodus and Enn49 like this.
  2. MassExodus

MassExodus Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Man I love your local animals threads! Keep it up!
    Dave Jay likes this.
  3. Dave Jay

I've really got to go through my computer and organise the pictures, I have so many. Lately I've just been using my phone or netbook so I can sit near the heater. Frogs and lizards make good subjects because they sit still mostly, my blue tongue skink excepted. I've had her since she was born and she must be pushing ten but still hisses and runs when she sees me, I've got lots of pics of her tail disappearing down her burrow.
    MassExodus likes this.
  4. MassExodus

MassExodus Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Dave..you just mentioned the one reptile I love..the blue tounges are freakin awesome..thats the one reptile thats been calling me to that hobby from the start..they're expensive over here, but not terribly so..I need to get one. Don't want to highjack your thread I'll start another, but I have blue tongue questions..
  5. Dave Jay

I keep them very simply, a tank with hollow logs buried in about 4" of substrate and feed gourmet dog or kitten food, snails, kangaroo or beefheart and a wide range of fruit and veg. In winter I let them brumate and offer easily digested food when they become active again.
    MassExodus likes this.